- identifies who we are and who this policy applies to
- explains the types of personal data that we collect, how and why we collect and use your personal data, and when and why we share your personal data with other organisations
- explains how and for how long we store your information
- sets out your rights in respect of our processing of your personal information
This should be read in conjunction with the other Policy pages on our website [links and names].
WHO WE ARE
The data controller is The Society of Saint Paul the Apostle ('ST PAULS', 'we', 'us', 'our')(a Registered Charity in England & Wales. Charity No 230948. VAT Reg No 207849641. Registered Office: ST PAULS by Westminster Cathedral, Morpeth Terrace, Victoria, London SW1P 1EP. T: +44 (0)20 7828 5582. E: firstname.lastname@example.org) trading as ST PAULS Online Store, ST PAULS Bookshops and ST PAULS Distribution.
HOW TO CONTACT US
T: +44 (0)20 7828 5582
Mail: ST PAULS by Westminster Cathedral, Morpeth Terrace, Victoria, London SW1P 1EP
WHAT SERVICES AND TO WHOM THIS POLICY APPLIES TO
This Policy applies to you if you:
• use any of our services as a trade or retail customer, whether on-line, by e-mail, by telephone, by fax, by post or in person
• are one of our authors, email-newsletter subscribers, business partners, suppliers or employees
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Our Customer Care center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
To help us achieve our goal of providing the highest quality products and services, we use information from our interactions with you and other customers, as well as from other parties. Because we respect your privacy, we have implemented procedures to ensure that your personal information is handled in a safe, secure, and responsible manner.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Generally, you may browse the website without providing any personally identifiable information. However, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information at various times and places on this website. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you may not be able to access all parts of this website or participate in all of its features.
We receive and store any personally identifiable information you enter on the website, whenever you shop with ST PAULS—online, through our catalogues, or in our stores, or information you give us in any other way, such as by subscribing to our catalogues, email, or mobile messaging. For example, we may collect the following personally identifiable information: your name, address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, birth date, and email address. If you use a credit or debit card or pay by check, we will also include your account number.
If you use one of our services, or participate in one of our surveys, promotions, or sweepstakes, we may ask for additional information, such as your age, interests, or product preferences.
From your purchases and other interactions with us, we obtain information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use.
When you visit this website, our web server automatically collects anonymous information such as log data and IP addresses, and may collect general information concerning your location. We may use the automatically collected information for a number of purposes, such as improving our site design, product assortments, customer service, and special promotions.
When using any of our services we may collect:
• your personal and job title, name, address, landline and mobile telephone numbers, e-mail address
• account passwords (ST PAULS Online Store only)
• your account number if you pay by using a credit- or debit-card or a check
• information about the specific products you purchase
• anonymous information about your on-line browsing behaviour and any devices you have used to access our services (ST PAULS Online Store only)(see our 'Cookies Policy' for more information)
• CCTV System footage (ST PAULS Bookshops and ST PAULS Distribution only)
In order to improve the accuracy of the data we hold (e.g. double-checking delivery addresses), we may also use personal data from publicly accessible sources.
We never buy personal information from other organisations.
THE PURPOSES OF COLLECTING AND PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process your personal data to:
- verify your identity and manage your customer orders and account: payments, refunds and the delivery of goods and services you have requested
- improve our customer service and develop new products
- tailor any marketing communications (be these by phone, e-mail or post) to your own interests or requirements
- notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased
- prevent and detect crime in order to protect staff members of the wider community
- investigate and resolve inquiries or disputes, and enforce our agreements with you
- comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, or the requirements of a regulator
- • use as otherwise required or permitted by law
OTHERS WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
All of the above information that we collect, as described above, may be shared among all St Pauls entities, including St Pauls stores, website and Private Sales.
Service Providers: We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of customer information; (b) assist us in distributing emails; (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (d) provide us storage and analysis; (d) provide fraud prevention; and (e) provide other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in our agreements with them.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND HOW WE USE THEM
A "cookie" is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer or mobile device [hard drive]. It allows us to recognize your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site by associating the identification numbers in the cookie with other customer information you have provided us. That customer information is stored on our secured database. A "web beacon" or "pixel tag" or "clear gif" is typically a one-pixel image, used to pass information from your computer or mobile device to a website.
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
ONLINE ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register on ST PAULS website. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information.
If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to LOG OUT at the conclusion of your session. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive email from ST PAULS you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
You are free to change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us by telephone, post or email.
If you complete an order or payment we will send you an email receipt and or letter to acknowledge your order.
- If you are an existing customer, as at 25 May 2018, and have requested emails, we will continue to send emails to you. GDPR calls this legitimate interest.
- We may also contact you by post or telephone where we have a legitimate interest to do so - for example, to follow up a request you have made.
- Where you have previously asked us not to contact you in this way, we will continue to respect your contact preferences.
- You can amend your preferences at any time by contacting us by via telephone, post or email.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to be informed, the right of access to data held about you, the right to request rectification, the right of erasure, the right to request restriction of processing and the right to object. To exercise any of these rights, please put your request in writing, accompanied by your proof of identity.
Your privacy is important to us. Therefore we will request proof of identity from you to accompany any such requests. This is to ensure that we are releasing, rectifying, correcting or erasing data that rightfully belongs to you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
ST PAULS BY WESTMINSTER CATHEDRAL
LONDON, SW1P 1EP
Phone: + 44 (0) 207 828 5582
Policy updated on 31 October 2018