The Power of Truth
The Power of Truth
The Challenges of Catholic Doctrine and Morals Today
Gerhard Cardinal Muller
Register to receive 10% discount. Or 15% discount for parishes/schools/institutions.
"You shall know the truth," Jesus said, "and the truth will make you free" (Jn 8:32). Such is the liberating power of truth.
As a Cardinal of the Catholic Church, a world-renowned theologian, and the former head of the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Cardinal Gerhard Müller unabashedly stands for the truth of the gospel. In The Power of Truth, he discusses how Catholic truth addresses present-day crises in the Church and in the world.
He winsomely shows:
- why there aren't "paradigm" shifts when it comes to the fundamental Catholic beliefs and practices
- how the question of God and the issue of faith remain central to human existence
- how Catholic teaching authentically develops, avoiding both a lifeless, stagnate repetition and a corrupt changing of doctrine to suit the spirit of the age
- the authentic understanding of the Church's teaching regarding divorce and civil remarriage and how to address the issue of Holy Communion in a genuinely pastoral way
- what the role of the Pope is when it comes to Catholic teaching
- why the Church still teaches the indissolubility of marriage, as Jesus did
- the importance of Catholic teaching on married love as found in Pope St Paul VI's famous encyclical Humanae Vitae
- how Christian faith has nothing to fear from science
- how the Church's message is neither reducible to politics nor irrelevant to it
- what Vatican II's call to dialogue means for Catholics today
- how sound understandings of forgiveness and conversion of life are necessary for the Church's ministry of reconciliation
These and other crucial topics are explored with insight and Catholic wisdom by one of today's leading Catholic thinkers.
|Isbn / Product Code||9781621642817|
|Dimensions||20.1 x 13.2 cm|
|Year Of Publication||2019|
|Author||Gerhard Cardinal Muller|